Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A day in the life.

This morning I woke up. Yeah. That's right. Woke up.

heard my lovely small child say "Meh..mornings" as she grumped through to the bathroom and then stomped back to her bedroom. Ask her to walk the dogs did I. She walked them. It made me super unpopular mom (TM). After a cup of tea, then another I settled down to ply my Border Leicester locks. Utterly stunning do they look now with the silvery thread flashing through them.

There is a little under 18 yards here. Which may not seem like a lot but considering there is just 1 oz of locks hiding there I am rather impressed.

After yesterdays massively high winds I figured that the world must be coming to an end. No really it must be. Today however dawned a startling blue and made me remember why I love colorado so very much.

A quick perusal of Craigslist found me calling a local alpaca farmer. He found out I did equine massage, was willing to ride his horses and give spinning lessons in order to obtain some of this alpaca and thought I may well be the best person since sliced bread!!! Very good day in general.

After the above and beyondly abysmally sad day of Monday when I was hormonal and thinking that quite possibly the world was coming to an end and I should just curl up and die this has vastly changed my week. Lovely and makes me very very happy.

Today's homeschooling lesson, I have not yet decided what it shall be on. Quite possibly plant hormones. Or possibly just how to make paper out of flowers. I am leaning towards that to be perfectly honest.

My own "lesson" of the day is as follows. After wool is dry you can chuck it in the dryer and it will throw out large chucks of the VM that we all hate. OMG it's the most amazing thing.


This photo just came across my facebook feed. I do have to say this fits me some days. Generally I am very feline in how I behave, however this is a running joke between me and a friend so in Homage.



No comments:

Post a Comment