Tuesday, March 18, 2014

In an effort to have a more magical life.

In an effort to have a more magical life, I am taking a queue from a book I recently read. I am starting by organizing everything. So...Here is what I have accomplished today.

Moved the couch back 4 feet or so...This was done so the living room feels more like a "room" and not some randomly placed group of furniture.

moved the chair over  to the back wall rather than the opposite wall more to make the room seem more friendly when guests enter.
 moved the spinning wheel, This had to be near the chair, after all it needs to be accessible when I am spinning.
 moved the loom into the living room. After all It makes much more sense to be able to weave while I am watching Netflix rather than just about anything else.
 Moved the cat tree, It is now near the door it will probably move again but this is where it is for the time being. 
 threw out this shitty lamp that is falling apart. This is the part of decluttering. This lamp was falling apart, constantly being in the way. It was ugly and served no purpose. It didn't bring joy. It had to go away
 did about 5 loads of laundry,  This is just part of the "Well honey we need to get rid of the dirt in our lives to be more at peace". 
changed my bedding.. Seriously, is there anything better than freshly washed sheets on freshly shaved legs? omg sensual. 
..um... finished spinning my lock yarn, (will post photos of this soon)
edited photos from a wedding and am working on the videos from the wedding..
.organized several large lumps of wool. Spun out some wool i had washed. 

swept, mopped and the like in the living room. Put more books up. polished the wood on the loom....again

  
If a perfect stranger were to walk into my apartment they would go "Gods this woman never cleans" Friends would go "wow!" I simply go "I need food now thanks".  

And for those who are asking, this is the book Magical Housekeeping

No comments:

Post a Comment